Modern aircraft design is an important field that involved integration of new technologies to improve the aircraft systems with advanced configurations that leads to environmental friendly and cost effective aviation. New design technique is essential to address issues such as carbon footprint reduction, lower noise pollution and improved passenger comfort as well as contributing to national security. This group engaged in both aircraft conceptual design and air vehicle system design. Our work in this field covers all flying vehicles including civil and military aircraft, helicopters and unmanned aerial systems (UAS).
The group is committed to carry out intensive research in the following areas:
- Improvement of the preliminary design tools for mass forecast of main aircraft components.
- Conceptual design optimization using multi-disciplinary approach.
- Micro aerial vehicles and unconventional aircraft design.
- Flight dynamics and control for unmanned aircraft vehicle.
- UAV guidance and navigation strategies in GPS denied environments.
- Precise forecast of operational costs for the development of new aircraft design.
- Aircraft structure, composite and advanced material
ASDR is well equipped to conduct research and provide consultation in:
- Sensor fusion for attitude/velocity state estimation.
- Conceptual design of aircraft and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV).
- Development of flight dynamic and control simulation.