Professor Dato’ Dr. Mohd Noh Dalimin
Professor Dato’ Mohd Noh Dalimin, BSc (Gadjah Mada), MSc PhD (London), DIC (Imperial College), DSDK, PGDK, ASDK, is a Professor of Physics (Energy and Materials), and also the Vice-Chancellor of Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM), a public university in Malaysia since October, 2008. Prior to that, he was the Vice-Chancellor of University Malaysia Sabah (UMS) between year 2005 and 2008.
Mohd Noh is a graduate in Physics from Gadjah Mada University, Indonesia, a Master of Science in Solid State Physics from University of London, and has a PhD in experimental Solid State Physics, from Imperial College London.
He has written over 50 articles and papers in his field, and supervised PhD and MSc students when he was in Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM), Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS) and Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM).
His research interest is in experimental solid state physics, materials, renewable energy, environmental sciences, and community engagement.
List of recent Publications
1. M. Nazib Adon, M. Noh Dalimin, N. Mohd Kassim, and M. M. Abdul Jamil. Development of High Voltage Pulse Inducement Method for Biological Cell. ICoBE International Conference on Biomedical Engineering 27-28 Feb 2012, IEEE Proceedings vol ….. pp.501-503.
2. M. Nazib Adon, M. Noh Dalimin, N. Mohd Kassim, and M. M. Abdul Jamil. 2011. Microdosimetry Modeling Technique for Spherical Cell. BIOMED 2011, IFMBE Proceedings 35. pp.44-449 (Book Chapter in Springer Series)
3. M. N. Dalimin and A. C. Linatoc. 2008. Climate Change and the Energy Challenge. University Malaysia Sabah. 85 pages.
4. A.C. Linatoc., M.N. Dalimin, M. Mohamed. In press. Malaysian’s current policy and research initiatives toward climate change – impacts to biodiversity. In Moving Forward: Southeast Asian Perspective on Climate Change and Biodiversity. SEARCA (Phils), ISEAS (Sing).(2008)
5. Mode-I Toughness and Curing Pressure Characteristic of Symmetrical Lay-Up of Plain-Weave Woven GFRP Composites Yeo Kiam Beng , Mohd Noh Dalimin and Mohd Aidy Faizal. 2007. Journal of Applied Sciences 7(15): 2174-2182
6. Linatoc, A.C., Mohd Noh D, and Owen, S.M. 2005. Plant defense mechanism – a comparative analysis between volatile organic compounds, flavonoids and extrafloral nectaries in relation to carbon budget. In Contemporary Topics in Biology and Conservation Research. Maryati M., Monica S., and A. Takahashi (eds). Universiti Malaysia Sabah.
7. Mohd. Noh D., Linatoc, A.C., and Owen, S.M. 2004. Biosphere-climate interactions – preliminary results of water and gas emissions from primary and regenerating tropical forests in Sabah, Malaysia. ARCBC Research Grant Programme- Biodiversity Impacts of Climate Change, Fire and Forest Restoration Techniques and the Watershed Roles of Conservation Areas in Southeast Asia (RE-SEA-001) Final Report. Universiti Malaysia Sabah.
Publication (In Press):
8. M. Nazib Adon, M. Noh Dalimin, N. Mohd Kassim, and M. M. Abdul Jamil. 2011. The Efect of Microsecond Pulsed Electric Fields on Morphological Features of HeLa Cells (Submitted for international conference proceedings).